Pages

VIDEO : Mourinho Speaks On Griezmann And Lindelof Transfers

Manchester United were close to sign Griezmann until Atletico Madrid were banned from buying players this summer. 

Now Mourinho is explaining the transfer situation to the media and expects more movement soon at Carrington concerning incoming.

Jose Mourinho has refused to admitted or denied any possible arrival of Swedish defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica.

Reports in Portugal suggest that a deal for Benfica defender to join Manchester United has already been agreed and it will be announced after France play Sweden in their World Cup Qualifier.





The 22-year old defender is also a good friend of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is set to stay another year at Old Trafford. Manchester United are expected to fork out €40M for the defender.

Mourinho speaking to local press after a speech in a University of Portugal, he explained : "I will not say if I want him or not, I think it’s incorrect.

"Rui [Vitoria, Benfica manager] is not going to be happy with another club manager talking about a player who is his, the president would not be happy to see that.

"Lindelof is theirs and as long as he’s theirs, he’s theirs."

The Swedish defender responded himself to the rumours earlier this week.

“There are rumours that there is always, at all times,” Lindelof has said to VLT. “I will say the same thing I always do, I have a contract with Benfica.

“I have played there for five years and really enjoy myself.

“I’m still young and I feel I’m developing all of the time, football down there gives me a lot.

“So my answer will always be that I get on very well at Benfica and that’s where my focus is.”


Mourinho looking to sign both these players.


European Football Insider © 2017

European Football Insider

European Football Insider Is a Website that bring updates on what's happening in European Football. Most News consist Manchester United and Real Madrid News.